Thorough Examination New Engineer
NWSLC - MTI Campus
This highly practical course for experienced* engineers concentrates on the inspection of chains and forks, current legislation, documentation and the responsibilities of a competent person.
Subjects covered include:
- The engineer’s role
- Inspection criteria for lift chains and fork arms
- Organisation of Thorough Examinations and the examiner’s role
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Guidance on how to conduct Thorough Examinations
Upon completion, candidates are recorded on to a central UKMHA register.
Valid for five years.
*The course is only open to engineers who can demonstrate their ability to inspect the automotive, electrical and hydraulic components of a fork truck.
Duration : One day
Please login to see Member-only prices.
Please click here to download the Thorough Examination Course Certification of Students document. This document must be completed and returned via email to Nanette.firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The acceptance of your engineer onto the selected course will then be confirmed to the college.