Home / MEWPS crossing a public road

MEWPS crossing a public road

Crossing a mobile elevated platform from one site to another that involves crossing a public road.

Many, if not all, local authorities have a system in place whereby you can obtain a licence from them to cover the use of a MEWP on the highway.  Depending on the frequency of travel across the road however, obtaining such a licence would certainly keep you on the right side of the law. The down side is that it would be expensive, if you have a frequent requirement and you would need to apply well in advance.  If you do need to travel across the road often, it may be worth your while making contact with your local authority to see if they would grant you an open ended licence, which they should have the ability to do.

Shopping Basket
Scroll to Top